httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Module build defaults for trunk
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 15:09:02 GMT

On 3 Jun 2010, at 14:59, Rainer Jung wrote:

> Right, that's the next topic, which modules to load by default and with which configuration.

Yes, this is another important question.  But I think it's helpful to separate them,
because the issue of which modules are loaded can be delegated rather more
flexibly - to run time as opposed to compile time.  We could relatively easily
provide a menu of potted configurations for different tasks.  These then
serve as startingpoints for the more elaborate bundles our downstream
packagers love.

In fact, that could itself become an httpd subproject.  I suspect some of our
non-coding docs folks might be interested.

--
Nick Kew