httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <>
Subject Re: mod_authn_cache
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:41:41 GMT

On 16 Jun 2010, at 23:43, Graham Leggett wrote:

> On 17 Jun 2010, at 12:29 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
>> But how to implement the cache itself is less clear.  The simplest solution
>> would be to hijack mod_authn_dbm and add a cacheing function and configuration.
>> But the new socache framework presents an alternative, and an option for users
>> of threaded MPMs to run a per-process cache would add value.
>> Thoughts?
> mod_socache all the way.

OK, done.  It's called mod_authn_socache.

I'd still like to fix the socache API's ill-fitting use of the server_rec!
And I'm getting what looks like another bug: socache is returning an
incorrect status (20014 in the log) when the actual outcome is NOTFOUND.
I have yet to investigate that one.

Nick Kew
View raw message