httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r954862 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/CHANGES
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:21:08 GMT
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 9:06 AM,  <rjung@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: rjung
> Date: Tue Jun 15 13:06:14 2010
> New Revision: 954862

> Log:
> Fix obsolete reference to 2.1 in CHANGES.
>
> Likely we still have to clean CHANGES from things backported
> to 2.2.x.

trunk CHANGES needs to track fixes/enhancements since the last alpha,
so the candidates for pruning would be in the section "Changes with
Apache 2.3.0".

attached is a patch to prune 2.3.0 changes which were backported to
some 2.2.x release; look reasonable?

something that would make future-2.4 CHANGES more usable would be to
collapse stuff like {"introduce mod_foo", "fix bug1 in mod_foo", "fix
bug2 in mod_foo", "make enhancement1 to mod_foo"} within the same
release into one mod_foo entry, and to axe entries which are for
implementation details that users don't care about (or at least, if
there is an external implication then document that and not the
implementation detail)