httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: server-status and privacy
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:32:25 GMT
On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 7:05 AM, gmx@schwicking.de <gmx@schwicking.de> wrote:

> Nick Kew wrote:
>> On 22 Jun 2010, at 08:20, gmx@schwicking.de wrote:
>>
>>> Just as a hint: i posted a patch about two weeks ago,
>>
>> Pointer?  Was that somewhere in bugzilla?  I don't see it on-list.
>>
> I have not opened a bug report yet. I was about to, when this thread
> started.
>
> If the outcome of this thread is, that nothing will be done, i will open
> a bug report and attach the patch.
>
> The patch is also attached to this mail for your convinience :-)

Configuring the mod_status handler name is no real solution and won't
be committed.

A general capability would need to be added to the server to handle
this situation (e.g., restrict one/all handler adjustment from
.htaccess when FileInfo can be overridden, or something else
altogether).

In the meantime, just edit your mod_status.c to change the handler
name and lock down the config and anything that can look at it
(filesystem access/mod_perl/mod_info/???).