httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Locke <>
Subject Module development - server config vs directory config
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 04:02:14 GMT
Howdy all..
I'm a new module developer, so be gentle please.

I have written a simple module for Apache 2.0. If I have a create server
config without a create dir config as well, I get a fault from the server
when it loads the module.
The error appears in ap_walk_config_sub in config.c. The call to
ap_set_config_vectors always returns a null.

If I change my module to have a create dir config function, there is no

Am I doing it wrong?

For a test, I took the mod_usertrack and refactored the code so that the
"dir config" info was moved  into the server config. It produces the same
problem as my original module.