httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fast by default
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 21:35:03 GMT
> No, I'm not overthinking it - as Bryan mentioned before, hosting providers
> are not configuring stuff and relying on httpd project to provide viable
> defaults.

Some of them behave this way, but I haven't seen any indication that's
it's due to not being in some no-argument build. And if it was,
springing such a change vicariously in the service stream doesn't
sound wise.

Maybe they're pushing users to higher priced hosting packages?

> They are in business of selling services, not development and best practices

I don't see where development would be equired, but if your service is
web-hosting you're most certainly in the business of building,
maintaining, and configuring webservers.  You of course have to know
the best practices around the service you sell if you want to stay in
business more than 6 months.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com