httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Steele <>
Subject Re: mod_deflate handling of empty initial brigade
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 17:28:35 GMT
I went ahead and created a bug entry/patch to make the (trivial)
change to mod_deflate to make it conform to the "Guide to writing
output filters":

Brian, does this patch to mod_deflate fix your problem?

Nick, does this change seem reasonable to you?  (I tried to follow the
directions for patches on <>;
apologies if I got it wrong...)

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Nick Kew <> wrote:
> On 1 Jun 2010, at 15:53, Bryan McQuade wrote:
>> According to this, mod_deflate should not pass the empty brigade
>> along, and your module also should not be passing and empty brigade to
>> mod_deflate.
>> Eric, others, should we submit a patch to mod_deflate to change its
>> behavior to be consistent with the output filter guide?
> +1.  Looks like a trivial fix if this is the only error path concerned.
> And an extra-robustness check in core output filter can't hurt (can it?)
> --
> Nick Kew

View raw message