httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Chernyshev <sergey.chernys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Info: current module enable status for trunk
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 22:26:05 GMT
On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:26 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>wrote:

> On 6/2/2010 4:21 PM, Eric Covener wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:16 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
> wrote:
> >> On 6/2/2010 3:39 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:

Thanks for the list! Do you know the best way to extract similar data for
distros?

> "default".
> >>
> >> mod_ssl was 'no' simply because of concerns about cryptographic law and
> >> users in all these crazy jurisdictions.  But I'm willing to consider
> 'yes'
> >> on the basis that if openssl is not found, the default becomes 'no'.
> >
> > Did you really mean no->yes or no->most for mod_ssl?
> >
> > Or are you also thinking some of the innocuous "most" move to yes
> > (rewrite, expires, headers).

Can we move these from "most" to "yes"? expires and headers are probably
tiny and will not do any harm and rewrite is so widely used that it's
probably a good idea to have it in the "yes" even if it's not so tiny.

> > Finally, remember that on unix if you don't do your ./configure
> > homework you end up with all this stuff static.
>
> Sure, that's the beauty of --enable-mods-shared=most.  Yes, I meant 'most'
> :)

The size comment above mostly matters for static.

Also, is there any way to have mod_deflate module to auto-detect zlib
similar to your mod_ssl recommendations?

           Sergey