httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Use cases for httpd?
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 15:18:31 GMT

On 3 Jun 2010, at 16:12, Sander Temme wrote:

> Should we have a "how do YOU use Apache" checkpoint with our community to see how our
users are actually deploying the server?

> I have a feeling many people just use their distro package, which means our discussions
on what ./configure ... does has a different primary audience than we might think.

I have a feeling that won't really help with our defaults.  Those who respond will
be a self-selecting sample, and totally biased towards those admins who are
capable of cooking their own configurations.

> We could launch an e-mail discussion, or setup a Survey Monkey (but keep it SHORT!!!)
or something like that.

A multiple-choice list of scenarios might tell us something.  But perhaps better
if it can grow organically, through a potted-configs subproject?

--
Nick Kew