httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Missing proxy_balancer feature
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 02:17:44 GMT
Yet again, in class another student pointed out that the Enabled/Disabled
choice in mod_proxy_balancer totally ignores the concept of quiescing,
where we are taking a server offline, but continuing to serve those
requests targeted by session to that server.  Once the number of sessions
settles on something quite low, the user then takes that server offline
entirely and the remaining users are subjected to 'expired session' results.

A boolean Enabled/Disabled flag doesn't address this need.

Does anyone feel like working on this feature, since those I had
previously approached didn't have all that much interest, or got
busy with other things?