httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject MPM default config and conf/extra/httpd-mpm.conf
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:36:22 GMT
I noticed, that the values in conf/extra/httpd-mpm.conf in parts differ
hugely from the corresponding MPM defaults.

IMHO activating conf/extra/httpd-mpm.conf should be safe in the sense
that you don't get changed MPM behaviour as long as you don't change the
file contents. If we think the values in conf/extra/httpd-mpm.conf are
better than the defaults, those should be the defaults.

If people agree, I would first correct conf/extra/httpd-mpm.conf to
contain the actual defaults, and of course if we think those are not
good, we can then improve them.

Examples:

- MaxRequestsPerChild (for most MPMs default is 10000 - pretty low
nowadays, in the config it's "0")
- MaxClients for event and worker: default 400, in the config 250
... many more ...

Regards,

Rainer