httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: What's next for 2.2 and 2.3/trunk?
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 02:22:55 GMT
On 6/3/2010 10:13 AM, Nick Kew wrote:

> On 3 Jun 2010, at 15:59, Sander Temme wrote:
>
>> Are we ready to freeze the API?  I think that's our Alpha -> Beta transition point.

> How about a chart or something documenting API differences since 2.2?
> That would seem a useful input to answering your question.

+1 - and we need to worry about the user perspective, too, if we want folks
to be looking at alphas and betas.

> If noone has such a beast sitting around, I can have a stab at something.

There is this so far, which needs much love;

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/upgrading.html
  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/new_features_2_4.html

If nobody has interest in documenting the structural changes to the auth
suite, with respect to nesting and block evaluation, I suggest we start
to back out that code.  It has complicated this release for years.