httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: RFC: drop support for OpenSSL < 1.0 in trunk/2.3?
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 18:18:17 GMT
On 6/2/2010 11:23 AM, Joe Orton wrote:
> Thanks very much for all the responses.  There is strong consensus for
> retaining support for some varieties of 0.9.8 and possibly some 0.9.7.
>
> A new RFC, then, for trunk/2.3 and beyond:
>
> - support and build with OpenSSL >= 0.9.7a, albeit with (harmless)
>   compiler warnings about argument const-ness all over the shop

The reason I'm not keen on this is that 0.9.7 is missing security fixes
and will never receive another refresh.  So it's certainly not recommended
anymore for 2.0 or 2.2, nevermind 'the next' release.

I don't think we need to go out of our way to break it, but if there are
tests for 0.9.7'ness (or 0.9.8-initial) we won't need those tests anymore.