httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject mod_authn_cache
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 22:29:34 GMT
I thought we had a mod_authn_cache, but it seems it only exists in the
old 2.1 authn stuff at sourceforge!

Just thinking about hacking this up, and wondering how best to do it.
Basic shape seems straightforward enough:

1.  Make it a provider like the standard mod_authn_****
2.  Configure it ahead of anything heavyweight like dbd.
3.  Export an optional function for other mod_authn_* modules to cache
    credentials they've looked up.
4.  Timestamp everything in cache, and provide a configurable timeout.

But how to implement the cache itself is less clear.  The simplest solution
would be to hijack mod_authn_dbm and add a cacheing function and configuration.
But the new socache framework presents an alternative, and an option for users
of threaded MPMs to run a per-process cache would add value.

Thoughts?

--
Nick Kew