httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: mod_socache_shmcb bogosity?
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:15:38 GMT
On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 11:30:45AM -0500, William Rowe wrote:
> Just noticed that our shmcb socache never replaces an identical node
> on ->store, leading to multiple entries for the same id (with different
> expiries and data, obviously).
>
> Is this deliberate?  What is the distcache/memcached/dbm behavior, are
> they all replacing the existing node?  What is the programming contract?

It's a cyclic buffer - the most recently stored entry should be returned
by a retrieve operation... the old entry should effectively be invisible
to the caller.  Is that not working?

w.r.t. contract: specific behaviour will vary across the providers;
could nail down the ->retrieve API with a bunch of stuff which is *not*
guaranteed, I suppose, is that what you're thinking of?  "object
returned may be out-of-date/stale, etc"

Regards, Joe