httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r951895 [1/2] - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: modules/aaa/ modules/arch/netware/ modules/arch/unix/ modules/arch/win32/ modules/cache/ modules/cluster/ modules/core/ modules/database/ modules/dav/fs/ modules/dav/lock/ modules/dav/main/ modules/deb...
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 19:09:55 GMT
Hi Gregg,

On Tuesday 08 June 2010, Gregg L. Smith wrote:
> Sorry to say this still will not build and just changes the error
> message.
>
> I however would like to see 2.3.6 out this week as well as
> everyone  else. If worse comes to worse, #ifndef WIN32 around this
> one line does allow apache to compile and run, and a quick testing
> it seems to not be causing problems with normal logging. It may
> not have the desired new functionality you are looking for but as
> AFAIK this is still going to be under the alpha banner, so, no big
> deal.

Thanks for testing.

Do you mean it works if you remove
- the one line only from main.c
- APLOG_USE_MODULE(core) in all files where it appears
- APLOG_USE_MODULE(...) in all files

But you are right, not having those lines does not cause any problems.
And I agree that we should just disable it if it threatens to delay
the alpha release.

If it only affects the core module, a possible fix may be to exploit
the fact that core_module always seems to have the module_index 0.
Though I would have to look at this in more detail.

Cheers,
Stefan