httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Per-module / per-dir loglevel configuration version 4
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 11:29:27 GMT
On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 10:42:44PM +0200, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> The patch is at
>
> 	http://people.apache.org/~sf/per-module-loglevel-v4/ ,

This looks good to me.  Kudos for taking on such a task.  It's kind of
hard to review the individual patches with fixes-on-fixes separated out,
or the big patch which jumbles everything up.

The use of an extra per-file static global pointer to the module index
seems awkward at first but turns into a neat hack by the end of the
story.

I very much like the new "trace" levels, and junking all the
module-specific logging stuff in mod_rewrite/ssl.

Some very minor nitpicking:

Can you rename "struct logcfg" to something a bit more namespace-safe,
with an ap_ prefix at least?  struct ap_log_config, ap_logconf?

In ap_reset_module_loglevels(), is there any reason not to simplify:

+        for (i = 0; i < total_modules + DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT; i++)
+            l->module_levels[i] = val;

to:

   memset(l->module_levels, val, total_modules + DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT);

?

That's all I have... thanks and nice work!

Regards, Joe