httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Poirier <poir...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Reducing number of mod_lua hook directives
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 14:38:19 GMT
You could go even farther, and just provide a way to run some Lua code
at startup, and provide Lua APIs to add hooks, handlers, or whatever
else you wanted.

But while as a programmer that sounds fine to me, I suspect for the
average user who just wants to add a few lines to tweak something, quite
possibly copying the configuration from a web site or a book, it's
easier if we provide a bit more of a framework for them.

Of course, the two options aren't mutually exclusive.