httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Rack <>
Subject Problems with fcgid 2.3.5 + Apache 2.2.15 + suEXEC
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 17:15:52 GMT
Dear Apache-Developer-List,

i have some stupid issues with my current configuration:

* fcgid 2.3.5
* Apache 2.2.15
* suEXEC

i started by point zero on an fresh unix-system (Gentoo Stage 3) and
compiled all sources by hand to get the newest codes for my new

So, everything works find except suEXEC. If i enable suEXEC in my
Virtual-Host i get a 500 Internal Server Error Page. If
SuexecUserGroup is commented out, everything works fine, but i need
the ability to change the user_id and group_id.

My configuration is attachted below.

These szenarios had been tested:

* created a htdocs/fcgid-bin/ folder and put an .cgi script in it.
VirtualHost set handler to fcgid-script for this folder.
* created a htdocs/cgi-bin/ folder and put the same .cgi script in it.
VirtualHost set handler to cgi-script for this folder.

The test.cgi-Script in htdocs/cgi-bin/ works with SuExecUserGroup and
without SuExecUserGroup directive.

The test.cgi-Script in htdocs/fcgid-bin/ only works without having
SuExecUserGroup enabled.

I had various setups running, before mod_fcgid walks into a Apache
Developement, with this versions mod_fcgid + suEXEC work fine. But
now, i dont know where is the right way...

Thanks in advance,
Michael Rack.

View raw message