httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with fcgid 2.3.5 + Apache 2.2.15 + suEXEC
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 13:29:24 GMT
On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:08 AM, Michael Rack <mail@michaelrack.de> wrote:
> Dear Jeff,
>
> the CGI-Script does not contain any FastCGI spezific changes. The same file
> is used for CGI and FastCGI.
>
> I will give it a try with FastCGI spezific code-lines.
>
> ---snipp--
> #!/bin/sh
> echo "Content-Type: text/plain"
> echo ""
> /usr/bin/date
> ---snapp--
>
> That is the CGI-Script. In apache/logs/error_log i can see this Output. But
> this is first since i've installed the SVN-Trunk version.

If the output of the application prior to handling FastCGI connections
goes to the main server error log, that's good (at least, that's what
the code has tried to do for some years now).  I don't know why this
started happening for you with recent mod_fcgid code changes.  (Or
maybe I misunderstood you about this being new behavior.)

I don't think any version of mod_fcgid has supported a non-FastCGI
application like yours by running it in normal CGI mode.

> Rests upon any of the changes between Rev 901800 (tags/2.3.5) and Rev 939478
> (trunk) on mod_fcgid + suEXEC ? If so, when does a new release been tagged
> with this changes, to solve this probleme for a wide range of users?

shrug