httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: flood_farm.c
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 12:41:29 GMT
2010/5/25 Torsten Förtsch <torsten.foertsch@gmx.net>:
> Hi,
>
> flood_farm.c contains these lines for almost 9 years (since Revision 89675):
>
> #if 0 /* this gets uncommented after apr_thread_exit() fixes are commited */
>    apr_thread_exit(thd, APR_SUCCESS);
> #endif
>
> Are those fixes committed now?

yes (though different than in the patch referred to by the commit log
for r89675)

sanity check: worker MPM in httpd 2.0 has the same call to apr_thread_exit()

> I mean is the apr_thread_exit to be called now or are those 3 lines simply
> superfluous?

I'm not sure for flood.  It won't hurt to call apr_thread_exit() though.

(For some apps it is important to call apr_thread_exit() so that the
thread pool is destroyed.)