httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Rack <>
Subject Re: Problems with fcgid 2.3.5 + Apache 2.2.15 + suEXEC
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 07:08:37 GMT
Dear Jeff,

the CGI-Script does not contain any FastCGI spezific changes. The same
file is used for CGI and FastCGI.

I will give it a try with FastCGI spezific code-lines.

echo "Content-Type: text/plain"
echo ""

That is the CGI-Script. In apache/logs/error_log i can see this Output.
But this is first since i've installed the SVN-Trunk version.

Rests upon any of the changes between Rev 901800 (tags/2.3.5) and Rev
939478 (trunk) on mod_fcgid + suEXEC ? If so, when does a new release
been tagged with this changes, to solve this probleme for a wide range
of users?

Liebe Grüße aus Freilassing,

Michael Rack

Am 03.05.2010 22:09, schrieb Jeff Trawick:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Michael Rack<>  wrote:
>> Strange UPDATE (Please take a seat) ;-)
>> I have checkouted the SVN Trunk of mod_fcgid, compiled and installed.
>> Now there is a very strange behavior.
>> I still get the 500 Internal Sever Error, but suexec shows up the line that
>> the cgi was called and run with UID 2000/system.
>> /usr/apache/logs/error_log drive crazy! I can see the output of my CGI-File
>> there!
> When the FastCGI app starts up *initially*, stdout and stderr are the
> main server error log.  The FastCGI programming library used by the
> app will presumably reroute stdout and stderr to the FastCGI pipe
> while processing a client connection.
> Are you seeing error messages or a normal HTTP response?
>> The errorlog /opt/vhosts/ contains
>> the same lines as before "(104) Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error
>> reading data from FastCGI server".
>> What the hell is going on?
> The script doesn't realize its running in FastCGI mode, never responds
> on the FastCGI pipe?
> What is this script?  Has it been coded to handle both CGI and FastCGI?

View raw message