httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: detecting .htaccess in a per-dir directive handler (control mod_fcgid FcgidWrapper use in htaccess via per-server config)
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 05:17:53 GMT

On 17 May 2010, at 20:13, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> BETTER SUGGESTIONS?

I never quite understood our AllowOverride being set in stone,
and many times I've felt that using any of the existing ones for a new
function was a grotty hack.  OTOH it doesn't really scale to adding
new options ad lib.

Reading this and Graham's followup, I wonder if we should introduce
a single new option, something like "auto", for the semantics of
what you're doing?  Exact behaviour would be to turn on/off the
check Graham suggests or similar, on top of some other option.

--
Nick Kew