httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tasos Andras <kho...@gmail.com>
Subject OpenBSD & the Apache license problem. Why?
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:05:07 GMT
Hello

I really wonder why you Apache guys did this:

A news from 2004:

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/07/1621254

It is 2010 now, and we're still on Apache 1.3.29. What was that license problem?

Let OpenBSD dev guys edit/improve/modify it however they like, please.
(Well, unless they won't change the 'Apache' httpd header)

They are great at security. That will be good for Apache, too. They're
also very well-respected. We all know that.

Freedom? Free? If "free", then make it "free for everyone, every
community, every people" please. Otherwise it is not "free" anymore.

Oh, by the way, what was your answer for:
"There is a number of serious security problems in apache that we have
fixed, and that have been offered them back, and they refused."
@
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=108655793112947&w=2

May i know what did you refuse and why did you refuse?

Thanks.