httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r937858 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/http/http_filters.c
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:55:20 GMT
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:04 AM, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> I am confused.  Why is this a good idea?  Why is it unexpected to
> encounter a 413 response after a timeout due to a read of chunked
> body,

The body is not too large, and the server is not rejecting the body
due to size.  Isn't 413 a very misleading status?

> and how does changing it to a 400 somehow prevent a double
> errordoc?  Why not just fix the double errordoc bug instead of
> the case that triggers it?

This was the secondary part to me, but I'll open a bug with an example
(IIUC, filter that adds an error bucket but then also returns a
(non-http) error).

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com