httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: IDE for Apache HTTP server development?
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 19:29:07 GMT
On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 6:43 AM, Dan Poirier <poirier@pobox.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have recommendations for an IDE they use for development on
> the server?  Preferably that runs on Mac, or else Linux.
>
> I haven't been a big fan of IDEs, being happy with Emacs for years, but
> I've found for Java development, I'm clearly more productive in Eclipse
> than Emacs.
>
> So I'm wondering if I'm missing something similar that could be used
> when I work on Apache.

I've just been using Xcode.  I had a script at one time that generated
a xcode project file from a list of files, but now days I just use
`xed` from a terminal to open files to edit:
http://www.devworld.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/xed.1.html

you can also xed on a directory to bring up the xcode
directory/project browser thing.

hth,
Paul