httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenBSD & the Apache license problem. Why?
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:55:30 GMT
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 8:05 AM, Tasos Andras <khorto@gmail.com> wrote:

> I really wonder why you Apache guys did this:
>
> A news from 2004:
>
> http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/07/1621254
>
> It is 2010 now, and we're still on Apache 1.3.29. What was that license problem?

With all due respect, do some research yourself.  If you can't find
documentation on the web of exactly why OpenBSD rejected the Apache
license change, go ask there.  We don't own that problem.

> Let OpenBSD dev guys edit/improve/modify it however they like, please.
> (Well, unless they won't change the 'Apache' httpd header)
> They are great at security. That will be good for Apache, too. They're
> also very well-respected. We all know that.
>
> Freedom? Free? If "free", then make it "free for everyone, every
> community, every people" please. Otherwise it is not "free" anymore.

Did you read our license?

> Oh, by the way, what was your answer for:
> "There is a number of serious security problems in apache that we have
> fixed, and that have been offered them back, and they refused."
> @
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=108655793112947&w=2
>
> May i know what did you refuse and why did you refuse?

I guess a diff from the original Apache 1.3.29 to what OpenBSD uses
today would be instructive.