httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FixedInTrunk keyword?
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:06:31 GMT

On Apr 20, 2010, at 12:41 PM, Daniel Ruggeri wrote:

> Hi all;
>  I have a little confusion regarding the FixedInTrunk keyword when applied to a bug.
What does it mean? My assumption is that it means that the code changes needed to fix the
bug have been committed to the source repository and the fix will be available in the next
stable release. Once that happens, the bug will be closed. Is this accurate?

That's not how I read it.  The current stable releases are taken from the 2.2.x branch.  Issues
fixed in trunk are proposed for backport in the STATUS file:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS

and backported once they collect the requisite three +1 votes.

A FixedInTrunk keyword would allow you to take the fix and backport it on your own, ahead
of any activity by the httpd project, should you have a need to do so.

S.

--
Sander Temme
sctemme@apache.org