httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Arranging mod_proxy_balancer in trunk
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:26:53 GMT

On Apr 14, 2010, at 1:10 PM, jean-frederic clere wrote:

>>> total_factor in fact depends on the LB implementation I don't think it
>>> should go outside it.
>>>

>> I agree... So elected == runtime then??
>
> Well you meant we don't need runtime and could use *worker instead don't
> you?

Well, looking at:

       runtime->s->lbstatus -= total_factor;
       runtime->s->elected++;

we need to have that section of code (either within the
new function or externally) update lbstatus and
elected. If 'total_factor' isn't exposed, then that
implies that runtime needs to be passed, right?
So I'm assuming that in

    apr_status_t (*updatelbstatus)(proxy_balancer *balancer, proxy_worker *elected, server_rec
*s);

that you're using elected to pass runtime?? If so, +1 otherwise I'm
not sure what it's used for.