httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Survey] Maintained builds - was Re: httpd trunk, apr/apu 1.4 branches and Linux
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:06:07 GMT

On Apr 25, 2010, at 9:07 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> Maintainers, which of the below do you *frequently* use during development
> against trunk (as opposed to occasional/infrequent testing)?
>
> [ ]  ./configure and build entirely in-tree (httpd/srclib/* etc)
> [ ]  ../httpd/configure into a single seperate vpath tree
> [√]  configure for separately built or OS-provisioned expat
> [√]  configure for separately built or OS-provisioned pcre
> [√]  configure for separately built or OS-provisioned apr[-util]
>
> Please check off all-of-the-above that apply, thanks!

My typical build on my laptop goes as follows:

1) svn up apr and apr-util 1.4.x and httpd
2) Put my own autotools build in front of my PATH (specifically for libtool 1.5.26)
3) Buildconf and build apr and apr-util in a directory keyed to their revision (like /tmp/r937654)
4) Buildconf httpd trunk and try to configure it
5) svn up pcre, buildconf, build and install it in the same prefix
6) Configure httpd with the following script:

#! /bin/sh -x
#
# Created by configure

prefix=$1

if [ "x$prefix" = "x" ]; then
    echo "Usage: $0 install-prefix"
    exit 1
fi

CFLAGS="-DDEBUG -O0 -DDYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=128"; export CFLAGS
"./configure" \
"--prefix=$prefix" \
"--with-apr=$prefix" \
"--with-apr-util=$prefix" \
"--with-pcre=$prefix" \
"--with-ssl=$prefix" \
"--with-port=8080" \
"--enable-maintainer-mode" \
"--enable-so" \
"--with-layout=Apache" \
"--enable-modules=all" \
"--enable-mods-shared=all" \
"--enable-isapi=shared" \
"--enable-bucketeer=shared" \
"--enable-echo=shared" \
"--enable-example-hooks=shared" \
"--enable-case-filter=shared" \
"--enable-case-filter-in=shared" \
"--enable-example-ipc=shared" \
"--enable-charset-lite=shared" \
"--enable-proxy=shared" \
"--enable-proxy-connect=shared" \
"--enable-proxy-ftp=shared" \
"--enable-proxy-http=shared" \
"--enable-proxy-fcgi=shared" \
"--enable-proxy-ajp=shared" \
"--enable-proxy-balancer=shared" \
"--enable-ssl=shared" \
"--enable-optional-hook-export=shared" \
"--enable-optional-hook-import=shared" \
"--enable-optional-fn-import=shared" \
"--enable-optional-fn-export=shared" \
"--enable-dialup=shared" \
"--enable-suexec=shared" \
"--enable-dav-lock=shared"

Note that this can also pull in an included OpenSSL, but quietly falls back on the system
copy if none have been installed under $prefix.

I guess I could do this vpath, and I should be able to independently vary the httpd --prefix
so I can build multiple httpds when experimenting.  But this works.  The module complement
is what the perl-framework needs.

S.

--
Sander Temme