httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fighting with build process 2.2.x on Sparc Solaris 10
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:13:47 GMT
On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Thomas, Peter <pthomas@hpti.com> wrote:
> [...]

CoolStack hasn't been updated for a long time.  (I guess you updated
all the open source tarballs for these dependencies so that you're not
running without recent security fixes.)

Solaris 10 has a reasonable set of support libraries (generally under
/usr/sfw; e.g., "--with-ssl=/usr/sfw") which is generally updated with
security fixes.

Sunfreeware[.com] is a more frequently updated, more complete set of
binaries of many open source packages, built for different levels of
Solaris.  I'd  consider using Sunfreeware for support libraries you're
not so interested in (but want to keep up to date) and building httpd
yourself against that install (--with-ssl=/usr/local, etc.).