httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unclean process shutdown in event MPM?
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:34:34 GMT
On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:
> I can currently reproduce the following problem with 2.2.15 event MPM under
> high load:
>
> When an httpd child process gets closed due to the max spare threads rule
> and it holds established client connections for which it has fully received
> a keep alive request, but not yet send any part of the response, it will
> simply close that connection.
>
> Is that expected behaviour? It doesn't seem reproducible for the worker MPM.
> The behaviour has been observed using extreme spare rules in order to make
> processes shut down often, but it still seems not right.

Is this the currently-unhandled situation discussed in this thread?

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200711.mbox/%3Ccc67648e0711130530h45c2a28ctcd743b2160e22914@mail.gmail.com%3E

Perhaps Event's special handling for keepalive connections results in
the window being encountered more often?