httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r923712 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual: ./ mod/
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 19:05:25 GMT

On Mar 16, 2010, at 1:24 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2010, at 5:48 AM, rbowen@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: rbowen
>> Date: Tue Mar 16 12:48:31 2010
>> New Revision: 923712

>> Log:
>> In as much as we can be said to have consensus on anything at all, we
>> appear to have consensus that we will refer to the product (in the
>> documentation) as Apache HTTPD, or HTTPD for short, and to the server
>> binary executable as <code>httpd</code>. Here's a few changes to that
>> effect.
>
> WTF?  -1

Apologies. The goal is to stop using 'Apache', by itself, to refer to
the server, and to replace it with something that distinguishes the
foundation from this particular project. This was requested by wrowe,
from a different angle, by Sally and the PRC.

I'll cease in this endeavor until there's some kind of agreement as to
what it should be replaced with. It appears that we're a ways away
from that.

--Rich