httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r923712 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual: ./ mod/
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 00:28:46 GMT
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Noirin Shirley <noirin@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Dan Poirier <poirier@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> How about Apache Web Server?  Httpd is just the name of one of the
>> files, and not even the one people run to start it most of the time.
>> Apache HTTP Server is fine, but Apache Web Server is equally correct,
>> easier to pronounce, and less geeky :-)
>
> I also like this option.

>From the peanut gallery, eww.  =P

+1 to "Apache HTTP Server" (long name) and "httpd" (short name).

I don't see a compelling reason to rebrand now - we would only want to
do so if we wanted to do that as a major 'publicity' push which I
doubt is on our collective radar screen.

(BTW, the InConSisteNt capitalization always bugged me to no end...)  -- justin