httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r925858 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x: CHANGES STATUS docs/manual/mod/core.xml server/config.c
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:59:54 GMT
On 30 Mar 2010, at 12:32 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> You are persisting in looking at the code.  The problem is not _code_.
>
> The _users_ do not expect Include /etc/htppd*/*.conf to succeed,
> therefore
> your suggested solution isn't acceptable.  The veto for backporting
> this
> broken behavior to 2.2 stands.

Quoting your own mail:

"If you believe the feature is necessary, introduce a NEW unambiguous
feature
instead of overloading.  E.g. "IncludeOptional /optional/include" for
allowing
the include to fail."

As it turns out that the optional behaviour is the current default
behaviour, and because you were not aware of this when you made your
suggestion above, it is necessary for the option to become
IncludeStrict instead of IncludeOptional.

Despite your veto being invalid for the reasons already stated, I have
gone out of my way in good faith to implement your suggestion above
and give end users the choice of behaviour you believe end users
should have, in a form that can be backported to v2.2.

Regards,
Graham