httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject SSLCipherSuite and SSL BrowserMatch configuration changes
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:15:54 GMT
A while ago, Lars Eilebrecht proposed a change to the default SSL
CipherSuite and BrowserMatch directives and was planning on submitting
the changes to trunk barring any -1s.

I haven't seen any action on this, and I've been really interested in
the proposed BrowserMatch changes.  We've run into some weird
combination of SSL, high latency WAN, IE XMLHttpRequest and KeepAlive
disabling BrowserMatch settings that just cause IE7/8 to hang (and more
ugly, to crash if you connect a debugger to it).

The problem goes away when KeepAlive is enabled, so I've tested using
the last proposed BrowserMatch configuration:

BrowserMatch "MSIE" ssl-unclean-shutdown
BrowserMatch "MSIE [2-5]" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

But made a note to pay attention to any official Apache change so that I
can at least somewhat be in sync with the official config.

Just curious but does anyone know where this is at?

Thanks,
Andy