httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Deprecate the RewriteLog directive
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:23:02 GMT
On 12 Mar 2010, at 9:03 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

>> - mod_rewrite doesn't seem to support the concept of directive
>> inheritance,
>> so the moment you specify "RewriteEngine on", any inherited config -
>> including your RewriteLog directive - gets blown out the window.
>
> don't forget to code "RewriteOptions inherit"

Unfortunately I've inherited a config with 75 instances of
"RewriteEngine on", 305 instances of "RewriteRule", and 407 instances
of "RewriteCond", in an large number of configuration files, so it's a
bit late for "RewriteOptions inherit" at this stage :(

Giving the option to inherit or not inherit the rules themselves
definitely makes sense, but attaching the behaviour of directives like
RewriteLog to this option doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

Regards,
Graham