httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Poirier <poir...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: What goes in CHANGES and svn log comments?
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2010 15:36:07 GMT
Thanks Jeff.  Some thoughts and questions for all:

* I'd think that all security fixes should be mentioned in CHANGES, with
  CVE number, regardless of other considerations.  Otherwise people
  worry.

* Should minor changes in the wording of a message be mentioned in
  CHANGES?  I'd guess not, even though somebody just might be depending
  on that wording.

* I would think "Submitted-by" is required for all code provided by a
  non-committer, yes?

* Can we take it for granted that the person doing the commit has
  reviewed the code being committed that someone else contributed,
  or should we make a point of stating that explicitly in the log?

* In trunk, does CHANGES document the changes from the last stable
  release, or from the previous alpha release of trunk?  That would
  affect whether backported fixes should be mentioned in trunk CHANGES.

* I think many changes to STATUS can get by with minimal log messages,
  e.g. "vote" or "propose backport".

Dan