httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Limit FCGI per user instead of domain
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:35:22 GMT
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Jonathan Petersson
<jonathan.petersson@binero.se> wrote:
> Upgrading to mod_fcgid-nightly I noticed the nice addition of mod_fcgid
> status in server-status. Looking at this I noticed that
> DefaultMaxClassProcessCount is set per vhost rather than per user.
>
> Is there any possibility to create a global wrapper assigning a user a
> maximum of say 10 processes and 5 processes per vhost within that wrapper?

By "user" I guess you mean the user declared by SuexecUserGroup, which
is per-vhost.  There's no way to set a maximum per suexec user across
multiple vhosts.  You can control it only by vhost.

I guess you want to set an upper bound that is smaller than the sum of
the per-vhost limits?

Just maybe the is_kill_allowed()/is_spawn_allowed() logic in
fcgid_spawn_ctl.c is all that would need to be changed to look across
vhosts, but IMO the natural progression for this particular code would
be to more quickly get to the right comparison, not to have it search
more broadly.