httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: DAV ETag Patch
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 21:38:18 GMT
On 22 Feb 2010, at 6:32 PM, Brian J. France wrote:

> It has been a while since my last patch, but this is the last
> supporting patch to mod_dav and httpd that is required before adding
> acl hooks into mod_dav for mod_dav_acl[1]
>
> http://www.brianfrance.com/software/apache/dav/dav-etag.diff
>
> This patch adds a new directive for mod_dav: DAVETagResponse

Is it possible to update the docs in docs/manual/mod/mod_dav.xml along
with this patch, to indicate what the directive does?

> It cleans up some code in mod_dav and also removes the one second
> last-modified check in the httpd etag function.  I talked with Bill
> Rowe and Paul Querna about this at the goole hack day last month and
> they didn't see a problem with it, but I wanted to make sure I
> mentioned it here.

Would it be possible to give a one paragraph description of what the
patch does for the benefit of CHANGES/svn commit?

I suspect the directive is tied up with the removal of the 1 second
last modified check, but I am not sure how.

Regards,
Graham