httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r910017 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/filter.xml docs/manual/mod/allmodules.xml docs/manual/mod/mod_reflector.xml modules/filters/config.m4 modules/filters/mod_reflector.c
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:14:09 GMT
On 15 Feb 2010, at 3:40 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

>> Can you speak up and explain why it shouldn't?
>
> AFAICT you're the only one in the world that cares about it (whether
> or not that is true; there's been no discussion).

Did you not see rpluem's response and my response to it? Did you not
see fuankg's addition to the Netware build? I count two people so far
who cared enough to contribute, and that's just in the last 24 hours.
Why did you not join these discussions?

There is no greater disincentive to working on the httpd project than
this kind of response. Making it worse, instead of making a case
yourself, you simply solicit others to make your case for you. When a
potential contributor reads this thread and others like it, all they
see is that their contribution is not welcome here, they quietly
unsubscribe and the httpd project suffers as a result.

> All I really care is that multiple developers think it is a good idea
> to include it in the base distribution.  (If not, then I don't think
> it should be here.)

I am confident that if multiple developers believe it shouldn't be,
then those multiple developers will speak for themselves. It is in
extremely poor taste to actively try to solicit developers to speak
out against somebody's contribution. Let the community speak for itself.

Regards,
Graham