httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: ACL changes in mod_dav
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2010 09:28:23 GMT

On 21 Feb 2010, at 04:23, <markus.litz@dlr.de> <markus.litz@dlr.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have added ACL features to the mod_dav module. Could you tell me the
> correct way to get this changes reviewed and into to official
> mod_dav-source?

What's the added value of this vs the complexity (effort required) to
review and maintain it?  You stand a much better chance of getting
reviewed if you make it easy for us.  Best for significant new
functionality is a separate new module; if that's not possible then
a collection of simple patches is likely to be less daunting than
one mega-patch.

Including documentation is a big help.  Including something
for the test suite adds further value.

It may also help if you convince us you are adding value for
users in general rather than just a handful with particular needs.
Implementing a hitherto-unsupported RFC would be the
strongest example of that.

Bearing that in mind, entering it as a RFE in Bugzilla
(issues.apache.org) means we have a record of it, and something
to refer to when you bug us on this list to review/add it.
Mark it PatchAvailable.

Oh, and also bear in mind, patches need to apply first to trunk.
A patch against the stable branch (2.2.x) is secondary.

--
Nick Kew