httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian J. France" <br...@brianfrance.com>
Subject Re: AW: ACL changes in mod_dav
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:52:46 GMT

On Feb 23, 2010, at 11:02 PM, <markus.litz@dlr.de> <markus.litz@dlr.de> wrote:
> I think this is a little misunderstanding. Yes I mean the WebDAV ACL spec features, but
I we don't have implemented this into mod_dav. We implemented it into our own module (Catacomb)
and therefore we need to extent mod_dav to handle the ACP.

What kind of extensions did you add to mod_dav?  These are all in TRUNK right now, but no
in 2.2 branch:

DAV Option Patch to allow adding thing to the DAV or Allow headers:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@httpd.apache.org/msg45113.html

DAV Resource Type Patch to allow additional resource type responses:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@httpd.apache.org/msg45253.html

DAV Provider Patch add hooks for dav modules to get access to the filename:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@httpd.apache.org/msg45288.html

Was this the kind of things you need to add to mod_dav to get your module working to do acl
support?

I am sure you also had to add hooks or something to do the acl stuff in mod_dav, but that
was the last part of mod_dav_acl[1] patch that I am splitting up once I get the last supporting
patch in (still needs a little more work):

DAV ETag Patch:
  http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@httpd.apache.org/msg47239.html

Brian

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/moddavacl/