httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Petersson <jonathan.peters...@binero.se>
Subject mod_fcgi segementation fault and loss of MaxProcessCount
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:19:05 GMT
Hi all,

I've a few selected servers on which I've started getting issues with
mod_fcgi on. All of these servers are generally overloaded which
partially is the source of this issue.

Anyhow to break down the problem there's multiple portions we have the
following:
- "Normal"/"Simple" PHP-scripts (we're talking Hello World) are sticking
around and utilizes the full IdleTimeout even though they've finished
processing before exiting
- On numerous occasions mod_fcgi segfaults returns: [notice] child pid
<pid> exit signal Segmentation fault (11), I take it that this happens
when a mod_fcgi wrapper terminates, however something tells me it
shouldn't segfault on exit
- mod_fcgi drops MaxProcessCount to 0 [notice] mod_fcgid: too many
processes (current:0, max:0), skip the spawn request, prior to this the
server generally says [notice] mod_fcgid: <path>/<script>.php total
process count 120 >= 120, skip the spawn request (again due to overload)

1 and 2 is survivable but once MaxProcessCount drops we have to restart
apache to get things rollin again which isn't all that great.

Here's the config I'm using, we have the exact same on multiple servers
on which we don't have any issues with.

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
SharememPath /var/lib/fcgid/shm
SocketPath /tmp/fcgid_sock
IdleTimeout 60
ProcessLifeTime 7200
MaxProcessCount 120
IPCCommTimeout  300
IPCConnectTimeout 8
DefaultMaxClassProcessCount 5
DefaultMinClassProcessCount 0
</IfModule>

Please advice on what the problem could be, I'm using mod_fcgi 2.3.4.

Thanks

/Jonathan