httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Sadowski <jeff.sadow...@gmail.com>
Subject running apache on a domain controller?
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:20:59 GMT
I would like to know of any security concerns of running apache on all
my domain controllers

I am only running them as a redirects using the following

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName domain.com
RedirectMatch permanent (.*) http://www.domain.com$1
</VirtualHost>

I tried for hours to see if IIS could do this and couldn't find anything.
I couldn't get IIS even running on many of my domain controllers.

This way when someone goes to domain.com that only points to domain controllers
it redirects them properly. And looks almost identical to the behavior
outside the office.
with the exception that outside it doesn't redirect.

Should I be using something less advanced than apache?

Or is apache the best candidate that others know of to do precisely
what I am doing.