httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r905406 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/mod/mod_include.xml modules/filters/mod_include.c
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 21:24:45 GMT
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 20:43:01 -0000
minfrin@apache.org wrote:

> Author: minfrin
> Date: Mon Feb  1 20:43:01 2010
> New Revision: 905406

> Log:
> Allow fine control over the removal of Last-Modified and ETag headers
> within the INCLUDES filter, making it possible to cache responses if
> desired. Fix the default value of the SSIAccessEnable directive.

Interesting.

However, given what you've implemented, I think it would perhaps
benefit from a third state for ETag and Last-Modified.  Namely,
allow both force-set and force-unset, as well as do-nothing
(the default).  Just reading your docs patch, there appears to
be no force-unset, yet that's something you might need where
mod_include invalidates headers set by an app or backend.

Yes, you can force unset by other means.  But if mod_include
is going to offer its own directives, I think they should
include that option.

--
Nick Kew