httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r910017 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/filter.xml docs/manual/mod/allmodules.xml docs/manual/mod/mod_reflector.xml modules/filters/config.m4 modules/filters/mod_reflector.c
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 22:08:19 GMT
On 15 Feb 2010, at 11:38 PM, Nick Kew wrote:

> I think the point was, all the above happened after you'd committed.
> Maybe it would've been a good idea to discuss it first?

To me, no, but not because I disagree with you, but rather because
every time we make a commit we make a call: is this small enough to
warrant commit-then-review, or is it big enough to warrant review-then-
commit? Sometimes, it is borderline, and I made the call this time
round to commit-then-review.

How big does a patch need to be before needing mention in the docs?
Which changes are major enough to justify an entry in CHANGES and
which are minor enough not to matter? What constitutes a bugfix, and
what constitutes a new feature? Sometimes these are clear, but
sometimes these are not, and people will not always agree.  And when
people don't agree, being tactful and diplomatic goes a long way.

Regards,
Graham