httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: mod_dav inconsistent behaviour for GET requests
Date Sun, 31 Jan 2010 11:01:09 GMT
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> I don't see how your patch would "intentionally" break - the failure
> mechanism is that the source scripts are served - not that a
> configuration error stops the server from running.  -- justin

Surely a fatal server error is not a necessary condition for something to
be broken?

But let's put it in a different way: It's a matter of precedence of
different configuration directives, on the one hand
AddHandler/AddType/SetHandler, on the other hand 'Dav'.

The current behaviour is this: 'Dav' takes precedence over
AddHandler/AddType/SetHandler for all methods except GET and POST. Except
if the Dav provider handles GET by itself, then 'Dav' takes precedence
over AddHandler/AddType/SetHandler for all methods except POST.

I think this is illogical, difficult to understand, and makes debugging
problems harder than necessary. IMHO, 'Dav' should take precedence for all
methods (though my patch doesn't touch POST yet).

Cheers,
Stefan