httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r904768 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/mod/core.xml server/core.c
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2010 18:40:56 GMT
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Dan Poirier <poirier@pobox.com> wrote:
>> I'm just curious, why use Define with ! rather than creating a new
>> Undefine directive?
>
> same question here

No particular reason except the similarity to "<IfDefine !FOO>". I will
change it to Undefine.

A related question: I want to introduce a directive to set variables that
are expanded during config file parsing, just like environment variables
are. The problem I want to solve is that environment variables cannot be
changed during graceful restart. Would it be better to overload 'Define'
or to introduce a new directive? DefineVar, SetVar?

Example config of what I want to achieve:

<IfDefine !TEST>
   Define SERVERNAME www.example.com
   Define BACKEND 1.2.3.4
</IfDefine
<IfDefine TEST>
   Define SERVERNAME www-test.example.com
   Define BACKEND 1.2.3.5
</IfDefine

ServerName ${SERVERNAME}
SSLCertificateFile    ssl.crt/${SERVERNAME}.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile ssl.key/${SERVERNAME}.key
ProxyPass        / http://${BACKEND}/
ProxyPassReverse / http://${BACKEND}/