httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCárthaigh <c...@allcosts.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Formal deprecation of 1.3.x branch
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 11:22:50 GMT
On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2010, at 15:31 , Jorge Schrauwen wrote:
>

>> +1 (non-binding) There are still to many questions about the 1.3
>> branch on the support channels IMHO
>

> One hopes that a formal EOL statement will be the encouragement that most of
> these folks need to move into the new century.

If one of the goals here is to reduce the support nuisance and help
folk out, should we also ask the Apache PR team for help? I'm sure
they'd be willing to help publicise the change "After 15 years of
community support ... mumble mumble ... marking version 1 of Apache as
end of life with final release ...mumble mumble ... 10 years of
successful Apache 2 ... mumble mumble .. please use 2.2.x " .

--
Colm